Thursday, August 23, 2007

40

It's interesting. I guess I should be more obsessed with the fact that I'm turning 40 on Sunday. Everyone who knows is asking "what are you doing for you birthday". But it's weird. They say it with this distant look in their eye. It's almost as if they just told me some really bad news, and are now measuring my response.

This year, we will be on vacation in OBX, NC. Nothing special planned, although maybe a Lobster Boil in the beach house Sunday. In 40 years, I just don't have a lot of regrets. I have a high IQ (yes, it's true) and a decent education. We have done well enough to provide comfortably for the family. I never got into any major trouble. Fifteen years ago, I married the girl of my dreams. My 3 kids are happy and healthy. People always tell me how well-behaved, respectful, funny, etc... they are. I never hear anything bad. Hey, perception is reality. I have truly learned how not to sweat the small stuff.

"Milestone" birthdays effect everyone differently, and I guess for some they have no effect at all.

No comments: